Hairloss is definitely a horrible disease that may affect about seventy percent within the total population 40 % males and thirty % females are struck with this disease. There are several forms of hair loss that can cause distress from the less severe and most treatable: like drastic fat loss, can cause hair loss. Hormonal fluctuations in the body like prednisone, in effect trigger post pregnancy baldness, which usually will re-grow following the event, has stopped.
You will find three kinds of Alopecia Areata, which are named according to their severity.
Alopecia Areata is mild patchy baldness on the scalp.
Alopecia Totalis is the loss of all scalp hair.
Alopecia Universalis is the loss of scalp and all human body hair's.
Researchers think that Alopecia Areata is definitely an autoimmune disease; which means that the body’s immune system acts as though the hair follicles are foreign and attacks them. White blood cells called T-lymphocytes attack the hair follicle which in turn causes the hair to quit growing and enter into the telogen (resting) phase, then about three months later, when the resting phase is finished the hair will then fallout. Only when T-lymphocytes stop assaulting the hair follicle will brand-new hair grow.
Treatments for Alopecia Areata
There is no cure for Alopecia Areata, there are only treatment plans, these treatments will have to be continued until the condition ceases, which in most cases happens within a very short period of time, with or without treatments. Treatments for Alopecia Areata are roughly put into two groups.
1) Patients with less than 50% hair loss
2) Patents with over 50% hair loss
Treatments for less than 50% hair loss
3. Retin A - Tretinoin
4. Topical Minoxidil marketed as Regaine, Rogaine or Headway
Treatments for above 50% hair loss
1. Systematic Cortisone
4. immuno-suppressive drugs
There's also natural hair loss prevention products that work some better yet then the above-mentioned Drug treatments. What you need to do seriously would be to visit a doctor that can advise you for the treatments currently available, and do a complete analysis as to the reasons your hair is shedding and what hair loss prevention product is the best for you.
1. Herbs like saw palmetto, pygeum, and nettle roots are natural DHT or dihydrotestosterone inhibitors. It indicates they are capable of stopping and halting the hair-follicle-killing DHT hormone. Whenever your follicles of hair get unclogged as a result of using these herbal treatments, your hair will begin growing again.
2. Ginko biloba is another famous herb that is effective in those that face hair loss. Ginko biloba works well at improving blood flow. With all the boosted blood flow, your hair roots will receive sufficient nourishment and as a direct result, healthy re-growth of the hair is triggered and promoted.
3. Green tea is undoubtedly an herbal drink that really needs no further introduction. Green tea known as the miracle tea that is able to cure or reduce multiple health problems. Green tea, in relation to treating alopecia condition, contains substances which have been designed for blocking 5-alpha-reductase, an enzyme accountable for the development of DHT hormone.