Many of the secrets to healthy looking skin have been passed down through the generations. In some cases, they have been in use for thousands of years. Modern-day researchers have evaluated some of these secret treatments. Now, we know "why" some of them are effective. Here's a look at them.
There is no way to know how long women have been using wakame on their faces. It is a kind of seaweed, native to the Sea of Japan, but now present throughout the world. It was used traditionally to prevent sunburn and to soothe existing burns. Women called it an "anti-aging secret". What do the scientists say?
• Minerals important for maintaining the skin's moisture balance
• Compounds that act as minor sunscreens
• Nutrients that inhibit the activity of hyaluronidaise, an enzyme responsible for the age-related loss of the skin's hyaluronic acid
• Antioxidants that help prevent free radical damage caused by the sun's UV rays
What's the bottom line? Wakame kelp extracts are one of the secrets to healthy looking skin that work according to scientific evaluations.
Although the cosmetic industry has started to take advantage of the benefits of Shea butter and pass them along to their customers, it is still popular primarily in Africa. That's where the Shea nut tree grows. The tree is sometimes referred to as the "tree of life". The medicinal uses of Shea butter in Africa are numerous. It has been used to treat everything from acne to eczema. It is used for the prevention of wrinkles and to fade away age spots. Is Shea butter one of the secrets to healthy looking skin that is really effective?
Here's what the science says:
• It contains vitamin A and E-most newly diagnosed acne patients have low blood levels of those vitamins
• The fatty acids are nearly identical to those present in the skin's sebum on a molecular level, which makes it an effective moisturizer for dry skin and eczema
• It contains emollients, which are compounds that soften
• It has natural anti-inflammatory activity-acne, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and allergic reactions are all inflammatory conditions
• It contains compounds that have minor sunscreen activity
• Clinical studies have proven its effectiveness for softening, smoothing and de-aging the skin's surface. It is one of the effective secrets to healthy looking skin.
In areas where the avocado grows, its oil has been used for cooking and as a treatment for itching and dryness. Like Shea butter, it contains the vitamins A and E. Like wakame, it contains minerals necessary for maintaining the skin's moisture balance. It is also an effective moisturizer. But, that's not all. Scientists have learned that applying avocado oil increases the skin's collagen content. The skin's collagen content normally decreases with age.
So, avocado oil is one of the anti-aging secrets to healthy looking skin. The better night creams contain Shea butter, avocado oil and wakame kelp. A night cream could be the secret you've been searching for.
Need further assistance? Then, be sure to visit Lita's site at http://skin-health-and-body.com/ that covers useful information on quality cutting edge skin care technology that works naturally and safely for your body, skin and health.