There are many benefits to doing yoga at home rather than at a studio or health club/gym. Here are some steps to help you create a home practice that will help you grow physically, mentally and spiritually.
1) Identify what your goals are in your yoga practice
2) Create a tranquil atmosphere
3) You will also need to purchase a yoga mat, which can be found on the internet or local stores. Depending on where you live, you might be able to drive somewhere and buy one.
4) Try buying some beginner yoga CDs
5) If you're following your own routine, you should start your practice with a short meditation and breathing exercise to calm your mind and center your thoughts. The move into a warm-up, standing poses, backbends, twists, forward bends, reclining poses, and finally, final relaxation pose
6) Choose a time in which you will not be disturbed
7) Decide how often you want to practice
8) Deepen your practice
9) Keep a yoga practice journal.
10) Be patient and stick with it